I started this bag earlier this week. The library lent me Sew Liberated and I chose the Dapper Day Bag. I can’t put together print fabric well, so I cut up a pair of deep brown linen pants (destined for Goodwill) for the exterior. This Joel Dewberry fabric I found in my box of fabric. Or my sister bought it, can’t remember. Let me go back. I found this fabric in my stash and thought it went well with the linen. Forget any mention of my sister.
The pattern calls for piping enclosed in bias tape. I had no piping, so just going with the bias tape for accent.
So far I’ve put together the lining. However, I mis-read, ok didn’t read, the instructions and sewed with a 1/4″ seam allowance. I’m supposed to sew a 3/8″. Whoops.
I should finish this bag instead of blogging….