Like pretty much everyone else around here, I’ve been thinking of what I want to do next year. What I want to make, what I want to accomplish. How I want to grow. What I want to change.
And then there’s what do WE want to do next year. What we as a family want to accomplish. How we want to grow. What we want to change.
2012 is going to be a BIG year. A tough year, at least in the beginning. JJ leaves for Army school this week, and doesn’t return until the end of May. And Miles begins a new preschool/daycare Tuesday when I return to work. Its a lot. But we’ll deal. With generous amounts of Skype (for us) and red wine (for me).
I have tentatively listed out some high-level goals for next year. And some specific goals thrown in there too.
- 12 dresses in 2012:: I have the Colette Sewing Handbook, which is lovely and amazing and I’m so excited about the projects and tips and photography packed into this little work of art. There are 3 dresses in the book, and I plan to make all of them. And another Roobios. And a Ceylon. So that’s 5.
- Knit 4 accessories – cowl, scarf, lace shawl
- Finish my Simply Red.
- A sweater for Miles using my leftovers.
- A hat and scarf set for JJ to use next year. Not sure he’ll have much use of it in South Carolina.
- More RMRR Trophy Series Races. I only did 2 last year, which is a shame.
- New Orleans RnR 1/2 Marathon Meeting up with a bunch of girlfriends from West Point and ARMY for this one. Going to be a good time. Start “training” this week.
- Run a 1/2 marathon under 2 hours. This will be tough. I haven’t done this since 2008.
Health/Body/Exercise: I’d love to fit into a size 4 running short from Lululemon. Doing that will entail me eating very clean, and weight lifting. I like both, so this goal should be realistic. Except red wine and brownies aren’t part of a clean eating lifestyle.