Some Progress: Beignet skirt. Its coming together pretty quickly; I’ve still got the hem, buttonholes, and belt to do. I know that before cutting the fabric, I struggled a bit with making a muslin or not. I decided to just go ahead and make the skirt – a “wearable muslin” according to the Colette Sewing Handbook. The idea is to use a lesser fabric to work out the pattern kinks before moving on to the more expensive version. This berry stretch cotton twill came out to about $5 a yard, so I won’t be too put out if its not perfect. And really, its a skirt. Pretty forgiving when you think about it.
But here, a photo of the covered buttons. These were kind of a pain in the ass, with the thick twill and all. But I think they are pretty! Aren’t they pretty?
No Progress: That Mystery quilt. That sucker is still folded up and on the shelf.
Completed: I kinda needed some instant gratification today though. I put the Beignet on hold and got to work on a bee block. This is my first time participating in a real (ok, virtual if we’re going to be accurate) quilting bee. I’m super excited. Fran picked a great pattern and sent the fabric last week. Annalise just posted ideas and guidelines for her quilt and her fabric is on its way. All this fun creativity has me thinking about what I want my quilt to look like.
So that’s that. My work in progress update. I’m linking up for the very first time over here. I’ve seen these weekly posts on blogs I follow and decided to jump in this week. So if you’re visiting from there thanks for stopping by! Thanks Lee!