Adjusting patterns for a larger-than-a-B-cup chest is a pain in the ass. I’m not totally un-happy about my body, but I do wish I were slightly less curvy. Or at least small enough up top to avoid having to make any pattern adjustments.
The darts on this pattern are coming up from the bottom, but I think I am going to move them to the side. Based on my muslin fit, I’ll need the additional circumference. My plan is to cut a really wide seam allowance and baste the side seams, check the fit and then do the final sew/serge. My goal is to have Coffee Date finished by the end of the weekend.
My sewing space looks like a disaster with all my papers taped to other pieces and my cut up bodice front pattern. I really need to re-trace the pattern piece and then do adjustments. Argh. What I really need to do is draft a bodice sloper and go from there. I don’t think its really that difficult, but I just need to have the mental focus and attention to detail to get it done correctly.
Hey, look! My teapot matches the mug rug I received in a swap last year!
In other sewing news, I did make progress on my Terrain 9 Patch project. I think its going to be a lap quilt. With this Kona Green as my solid. I’m just kinda sewing and slicing and sewing and pressing blocks together right now. I love what I’ve got going so far.
I also got my partner assignment for the Pretty Little Pouch 4 swap. She loves bright colors. My kind of girl. This should be fun!
Hey, look! I have a cute kid playing with his cute train set! Choo Choo!