I’ve had this quilt top finished for awhile and just put it on the back burner. I picked up some lavender colored solid from the fabric store and pieced together the back. I used just one 9-patch block kinda in the middle just to give the back some interest. I like how it turned out! Of course I didn’t take a photo, but trust me. Its cute.
I started quilting, and was shooting for those loopy flowers that Elizabeth Hartman demo’d so well in her tutorial. I failed miserably! It looked like my sewing machine threw up on the quilt. It was horrible. I ended up ripping out the quilting – what a pain in the ass by the way – and starting over. Does anyone else feel like a complete spaz when free motion quilting? For me, I feel like I’m running and running just trying to keep up. Maybe if I approach it with less anxiety I’ll settle into it?
The quilting turned out really nice though, when I finished. I have so much of this pink variagated thread that I just went and used it. Though I can’t seem to find my supply of empty bobbins. And its not like they are filled and in the bobbin box. I just can’t remember which container I put them in. I’m so unorganized.
All that’s left is the binding! And I’m not sure what I’m going to do with that just yet. I’ll probably take the quilt with me and go shopping. Nothing in my stash seems to work – either not enough or just not quite right.
I hope to get this done and off in the mail next week, but its going to be tight. My parents come into town, we leave for Vegas and then we’re packing and moving! Ok, let me re-set this goal. I hope to have this finished and sent off by July 4th!