I love feeling productive. I love making a plan and then executing that plan. And I’m finding that having a plan, a good plan, is key to staying the course towards whatever end I have in mind. I have this vision of a healthy life for me and my family, and I know the small victories and small accomplishments move us further along that path.
I haven’t been doing as good a job planning and executing as I feel I should. And for September, I’m going to make an honest effort. I am, right now, carving out the time to think through and make a plan for the month. I have an idea of what I want my life to look like this month, and I have an idea of where I want to spend my time. I’m hoping that by putting all this here will keep me accountable and on track.
Here’s what I came up with:
1. Become stronger by pushing through 9 strength workouts.
2. Increase flexibility by attending at least 6 yoga classes.
3. Stay sane by running at least 40 miles.
4. Connect by spending time with friends at least twice.
5. Create by finishing the guest room quilt. And finish the baby quilt for Piper.
6. Explore by taking a photo a day. I made a list of 30 photo prompts for September, which should help.
7. Grow by writing at least 3 times a week. Some of these might turn into blog posts, some might not.
How about you? What are you striving for in September?