This might have been the quickest project I’ve made. Ever.
Oh, and I’m kind of excited about the hexagons. (Hey, don’t make fun of me, I am celebrating the small things!) I’ve been hand stitching these things for, like, ever.
I mostly followed a tutorial I found on Sew Mama Sew. I used batting instead of the heavy interfacing that the pattern calls for, so my case is probably a lot softer then theirs. I also omitted the D-ring handle.
I machine appliqued the hexagon panel right on top of the linen, then echo quilted around it. I really like it!
The pocket holds my charging brick and cord with no problem. It is big enough to comfortably fit the bluetooth keyboard/protective cover thingie I keep with my iPad most of the time.
It stays closed with the help of a little Velcro.
Completing this little project was so satisfying. I didn’t obsess over the fabric, and I wanted to keep it simple. I like the combo of linen + prints. I have so many other projects in varying stages of in-completeness. I just did not feel like working on any of them. I wanted something quick and useful – and it’s pretty.